Moles can be pesky creatures. They dig tunnels underground, making it difficult to walk or run on your property. And their presence is not only unsightly but can also be dangerous if they start to burrow near your home’s foundation. So how do you get rid of these pesky creatures?
It might seem strange, but Dawn soap is actually a natural mole repellent and is very effective at getting rid of moles. Read on to learn more about how to get rid of ground moles with Dawn soap.
Table of Contents
- Step-by-Step Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
Moles can be a real nuisance. They dig tunnels underground, making it difficult to walk or garden in your yard. If you have ever tried to get rid of them yourself, you know that it can be a daunting task.
Thankfully, there is an easy way to get rid of these pesky critters using Dawn soap! It has the smells to get rid of moles.
What to Prepare
If you have a lot of grubs on your lawn, that’s going to attract moles. So get rid of the food source, and they will be less likely to come around. It is also an effective way to repel moles next to Dawn dish soap and castor oil for moles.
- Dawn dish soap
- Castor oil – Castor oil is a natural remedy for repelling moles from your yard. It is effective because the oil has a strong scent that moles do not like. You can make your own castor oil mole repellent by following this
- A hose-end garden sprayer
Step 1: Identify the areas where moles are active.
This can be difficult, as moles are subterranean creatures, and they don’t often come to the surface. However, there are a few telltale signs that you can look for:
- Molehills: These are small piles of dirt that moles push to the surface as they tunnel underground.
- Runways: These are long, straight paths in your lawn or garden that moles have created as they travel back and forth underground.
- Damage to Plants: Moles can damage plants by eating their roots or by damaging the plant’s stem as they burrow through the soil.
Step 2: Mix the solution
You can open the hose-end sprayer and pour inside around 5 ounces of castor oil, 2 tablespoons of Dawn liquid dish soap. Then, fill the sprayer with clean water.
Make sure to close the lid and shake the mixture for some minutes.
Step 3: Spray the areas where moles are active
Spray the mixture around the perimeter of your ground, paying particular attention to any areas that seem to be frequented by moles.
Be sure to saturate the ground completely. The scent of the soap will repel the moles and keep them away.
You can repeat this process every few days or as needed until the moles are gone. You may also need to reapply after heavy rainfalls.
Step 4: After two weeks, dig up molehills and dispose of them
If the ground is still soft, you may be able to locate the tunnel entrance. If you find it, block it off with a rock or piece of metal so the mole can’t get back in.
Once the molehills are gone, continue to spray the areas where moles are active every other day for another two weeks. Doing this will help to repel any moles that are still in the area and prevent them from returning.
Additional tips on how to get rid of ground moles:
- Use gloves when handling the soap mixture, as it can be irritating to the skin.
- If you have pets, make sure they don’t have access to the treated areas until the soap mixture has dried.
- You can also try using other natural repellents, like cayenne pepper or garlic. Just be sure to reapply after it rains.
- After four weeks, you should start to see a significant reduction in the number of moles on your property. If you have a particularly bad mole deterrent problem, you may need to repeat the process every few months to keep them at bay.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is There Any Other Recipe for DIY Mole Repellent?
Homemade mole poison is also an effective way to get rid of these pests for good. Besides preparing Dawn soap and castor oil, you can add urine and ammonia into the mixture to create a disturbing smell that repels the ground moles.
How Does Dawn Dish Soap Get Rid of Moles?
Dawn dish soap is a powerful detergent known for its ability to remove grease and oil from surfaces. It contains biodegradable surfactants that help break down the surface tension of the water, allowing it to penetrate deep into the fur of the mole. Once it penetrates the fur, it begins to dissolve the skin cells, killing the mole.
Will Dawn Dish Soap Kill Moles?
Dawn dish soap is a powerful and effective way to get rid of moles. It is safe to use on your skin, and it is gentle enough to use on your pets. If you have a mole problem, dawn dish soap is the answer to your problem.
If you’re looking for an easy and affordable way to get rid of pesky ground moles, Dawn dish soap may be just what you need. This step-by-step guide will tell you everything you need to know about how to get rid of ground moles with Dawn soap.
There are also some types of insects that destroy your garden. Let’s see each type and how to prevent them in the articles below:
- 5 Easy Ways to get rid of stink bugs in the garden
- 7 effective ways to get rid of ants in the garden soil
Of course, we always recommend contacting a professional before attempting to remove any pests or animals from your property once and for all!